Tube-equipped receivers from Autophon
The Swiss company Autophon was founded in Solothurn in 1922 as a manufacturer for equipment for automated telephony. In 1931, LF telephone broadcast receivers were added to the product range, radio receivers were initially manufactured under Lorenz licence. From 1935 on, the company produced radio receivers from it's own development. Autophon maintained its position in the Swiss radio market until the 1950s, but lost touch with the developments in FM broadcastin and television and failed to keep up with a sufficient market share.
Autophon was active in the commercial / military sector for even longer time, several receivers and transceivers used in the Swiss Army came from the Solothurn plants.
The telecommunication activities were merged into the company Ascom in 1987.
Tube-equipped receivers from Autophon AG, Solothurn
|All-wave receiver E39||1939/41||Single Conversion||100 kHz - 60 MHz||Plug in coils for frequency ranges|
|All-wave receiver E44||1945/51||Single Conversion||100 kHz - 37 MHz||turret tuner, separate mains power supply with output stage / loudspeaker|
|Alarm receiver E45||1945/51||Single Conversion||3 - 15 MHz||turret tuner, separate mains power supply; Air Force alarm receiver|
|VHF receiver E46||1942/5||Single Conversion||27 - 101 MHz||VHF surveillance receiver|
|Shortwave receiver E52||1942||Single Conversion||100 kHz - 37 MHz||Commercial version of the E44|
|VHF receiver E62||1942||Single Conversion||27 - 101 MHz||Commercial version of the VHF receiver E46|
|Shortwave receiver E-76||1952||Single Conversion||1.5 - 32 MHz||Commercial version of the E-627|
|VHF receiver E-77||1955||Single Conversion||20 - 180 MHz||Commercial variant of the E-628|
|Shortwave receiver E-627||1952/56||Single Conversion||1.5 - 32 MHz||Military variant|
|VHF receiver E-628||1955/58||Single Conversion||20 - 180 MHz||Military variant|