Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordsh, England.
In 1929, the English company Murphy Radio was founded by Frank Murphy and E. J. Power. The company quickly developed into an important manufacturer of home radios with 2000 employees at last count, F. Murphy turning his back on the business in 1937.Murphy logo During the Second World War, Murphy developed and produced the Wireless Set No.38, a small portable military transceiver. Subsequently Murphy also was active in commercial and military communications and produced various versions of the receiver B40, which was mainly used in the British Royal Navy.
After the first steps done already in the pre-war period, Murphy expanded his product range after World War II to include television sets, and remained in business until the 1970s.
|B40A||1948||Single Conversion||640 kHz - 30.6 MHz||Admiralty Pattern 571401 / 57140A|
|B40B||approx. 1949||Single Conversion||640 kHz - 30.6 MHz||Admiralty Pattern 571402 / 57140B|
|B40C||ca. 1949||Single Conversion||640 kHz - 30.6 MHz||Admiralty Pattern 571403 / 57140C|
|B40D||ca. 1950||Single Conversion||640 kHz - 30.6 MHz||Admiralty Pattern 571404 / 57140D|
|B41||1946||Single Conversion||15 - 700 kHz||Admiralty Pattern 57141C|
|62B||approx. 1950||Single Conversion||150 - 300 kHz; 560 - 1500 kHz; 3.9 - 30.5 MHz||Admiralty Pattern 571404 / 57140D|
|618||ca. 1955||Single Conversion||60 - 550 kHz; 1.5 - 30 MHz||Admiralty Pattern 100335|