Siemens and Halske, Berlin
The company Siemens & Halske was founded in 1847 by Werner Siemens and Johann Georg Halske in Berlin, After a few years, Siemens had an increasing importance in the construction of printing telegraphs, but then also in the development of telegraph lines and submarine cables, generators and power stations and later in traffic engineering.
Siemens became involved in radio technology at an early stage and, at the time of the First World War, developed transmitting and receiving equipment and entered the field of valve construction. Siemens became one of the founders of the Telefunken Group, but sold its shares in Telefunken to AEG in 1941.
In the post-war period, Siemens produced consumer electronics, but the construction of commercial reception and transmission equipment as well as high voltage power technology were other business areas of Siemens.